[Live-devel] Out of order packets

Mallikharjuna Reddy (NAVT) ymreddy at ssdi.sharp.co.in
Fri Sep 15 00:04:57 PDT 2006

Hi Everybody,

We are using LIVE server (testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer.cpp) and client
(testMPEG1or2VideoReceiver.cpp) to stream MPEG data. We found that when the
sequence number is wrapped around, and when the server sends out of order
packets, the calculation of newSeqNum is found to be wrong in the function
noteIncomingPacket() in file RTPSource.cpp. For example, when the server
starts sending the stream with sequence number starting from 65000 and the
sequence number is wrapped wround, and when the server try to send the out
of order packet, for example, with the sequence number 65500, then the
calculation of newSeqNum seems to be wrong. We need to store this out of
order packet with the sequence number 65500 in the correct order. Since this
calculation gives some incorrect value, this out of order packet is getting
stored in a wrong place.

Any clues on how to correct the above problem.

Thanks and Regards
Y. Mallikharjuna Reddy