[Live-devel] Ref: File Duration for MPEG -TS file

Ambuj Sinha ambuj.sinha at iptvlabs.biz
Tue Sep 26 07:28:29 PDT 2006

Hi Ross

            I want to calculate the Transport Bit rate/Transfer Rate for
MPEG-TS file stored on the disc so that I can calculate the total File
Duration the file will be played. Which part of the live555 library should I
refer to and if changes are to be made which specific files should I work
on? I have also studied code related to transfer of MPEG-PS files.

            Currently I am focusing on following files for TS files

                                    MPEG2TransportStreamFramer.cpp

MPEG2TransportFileServerMediaSubsession.cpp

                                    MPEG2TransportStreamMultiplexor.cpp

I want to know this to implement Pause on MPEG - TS file. I also found that
for computing a transport rate as a number of bytes between PCRs divided by
the delta time; and

delta time=difference between the PCR values

transport rate="number of bytes between PCRs"/"delta time"

Please suggest, Thanks

Ambuj Kumar Sinha

iptv Scientist

iptvLabs (India) Pvt. Ltd.