[Live-devel] H.264 and MPEG2 Transport Stream

David Arnold darnold at futurec.net
Tue Sep 26 09:45:19 PDT 2006

We would like to integrate our existing Video Server, which is based on
LIVE555, with some LEADTOOLS (www.leadtools.com) components.

For RTSP streaming, we have written some custom source modules
(H264VideoSource and PCMUAudioSource), which are derived from FramedSource.
Audio/Video is stream using these modules and code similar to
testOnDemandRTSPServer.

We are considering writing a viewer/conferencing application based on some
leadtools components.  From the LEADTOOLS doc: "The LEAD MPEG2 Transport UDP
Source is a DirectShow(tm) filter for streaming data from a UDP port. The
data is usually in an MPEG-2 Transport format, as defined in ISO/IEC
13818-1. The filter is also capable of receiving MPEG-2 Transport data
packetized with RTP packets conforming to RFC 1889 and RFC 1890."

My question is this:  What do we need to do to modify our video server  so
that it can stream the H.264 and PCMU sources within a MPEG-2 Transport
Stream so that it can be received by the LEADTOOLS DirectShow filter?  Will
modifications be required of any existing LIve555 to do this?

Thank you,

Dave Arnold
Future Concepts, La Verne

The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication other than to the person or entity named above is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately delete it from your system.