[Live-devel] Cannot create a recording

xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com
Fri Sep 29 15:36:30 PDT 2006

Hi LIVE!

My colleague and I have been struggling to record a stream.  Our program is
similar to the openRTSP test program.  But we have this problem:
When subsession->sink->startplaying() is called, the application appears to
step through 1 series of getNextFrame() and other calls on the
MediaSubsession socket (source) and during that time, turn on background
read handling.  Then we enter the environment loop, and these functions to
use the data are never called again.  BUT -> Only when I run on one of our
3 Fedora5 machines.  When I run the program on one of our two Fedora4
servers, both are able to make a recording.  I have the same problem if I
use openRTSP to try to make the recording.  The file permissions appear to
be the same on all of these machines.  All of the machines allow my program
to create a file, but the Fedora5 machines never add any data to the file.
With debugging set, Groupsock::handleRead is able to print that it sees
1300 bytes of data regularly on the Fedora5 machines. My colleague is
running a live version from mid august, and I am running the latest version
available as of 9/29 on your site.  Where could I start looking in the LIVE
to find out why writes are never happening on some machines?

Thanks!
~Medra