[Live-devel] Integrate ffmpeg transcoder into Live555

Julian Lamberty julian.lamberty at mytum.de
Mon Apr 2 06:38:21 PDT 2007

Hi!

I'm trying to transcode network streams (RTP/RTSP) "on the fly" with the
libavcodec libraries. Right now I've just a small application that opens
a file as an input an writes to a file.

I'm now planning to use the live555 framework and integrate my
transcoder into it (feed ffmpeg with frames from live555 and stream the
ffmpeg output frames with live555). Is there anyone who has done
something similar before and has some example code? I'm just a newbie
(especially to C++), so that seems like a lot of work for me ;)

Thanks for any kind of help!

Julian