[Live-devel] firewire camera and Media server

Miroslaw Dach miroslaw.dach at psi.ch
Tue Apr 3 01:27:19 PDT 2007

> >The data format for firewire is completely raw RGB 3x8bit or gray 8 or
> >16bit per pixel or Bayer pattern RGB.
>
> Then you would need to compress this video with a (hardware or
> software) encoder, before it could be streamed by our server software.

My aim is to produce a video stream (run time) in let say MPEG4 (part
10) out of the video which comes from my firewire camera. Such a stream is
not meant to be saved in a file but be ready for viewing over internet.
My firewire camera is attached to the Linux PC.

Would you recommend me some software to achieve that.

Best Regards

Mirek