[Live-devel] RTSP server extending

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Apr 8 22:08:29 PDT 2007

>Was it intentional that RTSPServer class is impossible to extend because
>everything is private?

No, the intention was to allow people to extend this class - although
not indiscriminately.  If there are specific fields and/or member
functions that you feel should be "protected:" instead of "private:",
and specific member functions that you feel should be "virtual", let
us know, and we'll likely make these changes in the next release of
the software.

>I have to to copy it and re-create because i need different access
>control and socket manipulations, it would be much easier just to extend
>Authenicator and incomingConnectionHandler1

Please let me know what specific changes you would like to see made
in order to make this possible.