[Live-devel] Benchmarking

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Apr 11 11:50:23 PDT 2007

>For some reason I am losing incoming RTP data on my embedded
>hardware

Try calling "increaseReceiveBufferTo()" on the socket with a value
larger than the default (51200==50*1024, called in
"MultiFramedRTPSource.cpp", line 73).  This call sets the size of the
OS's internal buffer for receiving incoming packets.

(E.g., VLC sets this buffer size to 100,000 bytes for audio streams,
and 2,000,000 bytes for video streams.)

You may find that by increasing this buffer size, the OS will be able
to store any incoming packets while it's busy doing disk I/O.