[Live-devel] Benchmarking

xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com
Wed Apr 11 13:55:03 PDT 2007

Or maybe you really are experiencing network packet loss...

... On a private router with 1 host, 1 embedded target, & 1 RTSP server
sending 1x 5 Mbps multicast stream?  On a crossover cable between RTSP
server and host machine?  If I can see the multicast packet with the
correct RTP sequence number using ethereal on the host machine, doesn't
that mean the packet was not lost by the network?  In what ways does a
packet get lost by the network?  I thought it would be something like
packets expiring because of too many hops or maybe too much network data.

xochitl