[Live-devel] Benchmarking

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Apr 11 14:45:51 PDT 2007

>If I can see the multicast packet with the
>correct RTP sequence number using ethereal on the host machine, doesn't
>that mean the packet was not lost by the network?

If by "the host machine" you mean the receiving machine, then yes, if
"etherial" sees the incoming packet, then (of course) it was not lost
by the network.  If "etherial" sees the incoming packet, but the
"LIVE555 Streaming Media" code does not, then the loss *must* be
happening within your OS kernel - so that's where you'll need to look
next.