[Live-devel] Trick play problems.

Morgan Tørvolt morgan.torvolt at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 03:55:16 PDT 2007

Hi

I have indexed a .ts file of mine to test out the trick play
functionality. The index file seems fine, and using
./testMPEG2TransportStreamTrickPlay everything works just fine. Trick
play is flawless using the output file to play in vlc and on our STB.

So my next step was testing the trick play using
testOnDemandRTSPServer. That did not go so well. Whenever I change
scale with my STB, the application completely stops sending data, and
goes to the singlestep loop. Even if I request scale=1 again by
pressing the play button.
I was thinking that this was probably caused by the STB, so I added
full debug output to see what was happening, as well as DEBUG_PCR.
There are no PCR debug output at all after changing scale, so I guess
there is no data going trough the transport stream framer at all.

I used a few different source files, including this file:
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/MPEG2/TITLE01-ANGLE2.VOB
All without success.

I have the latest source from this folder:
http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/public/

To make sure that it was not me messing things up (or at least make it
less likely) i changed the code in RTSPClient.cpp to set a default
scale to 5.0f, 5.0 and 5 (tried them all), and get the same results.
When I start openRTSP it connects and everything, but no PCR debug
output, and no datarate going trough the networking interfaces, as
well as no data in the output file form openRTSP.

I am a bit at a loss here. What could be causing this? I wanted to
revert to the previous version of live to see if that made a
difference, but I found no change.

-Morgan-