[Live-devel] about live555MediaServer

DNA Studios s.r.l. info at dnastudios.it
Thu Apr 19 08:26:48 PDT 2007

hong liu ha scritto:
> Now I want to stream h264 video coded file (elementary stream) and mp4
> file including h264 video file. I found live555MediaServer is not able
> to do it. Is that true? If not, please advise me how to do it. Thank
> you in advance!
You can use Darwin Streaming Server, but does not exist a player in the
world able to seek this rtsp source......very strange but really.
You can only play (with mplayer or vlc) from start to end but you can't
move in the movie...the seeking operations make a crash or video not
resyncronize well; all communities know this problem (videolan, mplayer,
here, apple etc. etc.) but unfortunately at this moment seems that not
there is a solution.
The only way is to encode your video in baseline profile and play it
with QT (obviously with Darwin as server).
Bye.