[Live-devel] about openRTP

hong liu l1436636 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 09:11:39 PDT 2007

>>First I used the command of "openRTP rtsp://192.168.0.1/test.mp4",
>>and then I got one audio file named audio-MPEG4-GENERIC-2 and one
>>video file named video-h264-1. I tried to open video-h264-1 with vlc
>>or mplayer, and all tries failed. I don't know what format this file
>>is. Is it h264 elementary stream file

>Yes, of course.  The file name describes the contents of the stream.

>Unfortunaately, I know of no media player that can play the file in
>this format.

What is content of these audio and video files? for example, the test.mp4 contains a h.264 video coded file and mpeg4 audio file. Is video-h264-1 the original h.264 video coded file if there is no packet loss during transmission period? Now I want to record the h264 video stream in the test.mp4 into a file. would you advise me how to do it?

>>Then I used the command of "openRTP -v -4 -w 176 -h 144 -f 30
>>rtsp://192.168.0.1/test.mp4 > test_video.mp4", and then I opened
>>test_video.mp4 with vlc, with nothing playing back. I also used
>>quicktime player to open it. It can be played back but there are
>>some problems in picture reconstruction and there is audio in
>>between. What is wrong with it.

>I don't know, but if you got audio, you must not have used the "-v"
>option, because that option causes only the video stream to be
>recorded.

>Also, you need to be certain that the width, height and framerate
>parameters that you gave are exactly those of the stream that you are trying to >record, otherwise video will not play back correctly.

Is there any difference for openRTP in recording video stream between the video only mp4 file and the video audio interleaved mp4 file?

Hong Liu