[Live-devel] Segfault in FileSink while indexing MPEG2-TS

Rutherford, Robert rruthe02 at harris.com
Thu Apr 19 12:48:32 PDT 2007

I am working to integrate the MPEG2-TS file indexer in to an existing
application by basically using the same method as
MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer.cpp within a function.  However, the
application crashes with a segmentation fault after writing 880-924
bytes or so of the index file (from a transport stream of approximately
180 MB).  When I compile and run MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer as a
stand-alone binary it works correctly on the same MPEG file.  I need to
use it within the application in order to better catch error values and
prevent unneeded system calls.  Has anyone else seen this problem, or is
there a known issue in this release?  Using a back trace from GDB is
appears that the problem lies in FileSink::addData().