[Live-devel] Amino trickplay with live555

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Apr 20 00:49:18 PDT 2007

>I am using an Amino 110H STB to stream the live555 feed.  I'm using
>live555MediaServer and basically the FF or REW causes the screen to
>pause, and then it pixelates bad when you hit Play to resume the
>movie at that point.  I know it must be something quirky with the
>movie content.  I've seen on the groups where others have had this
>issue but I've never really seen what the final answer was.

 From what I can tell (from testing with your demo movie), the problem
is that - in the transition between normal and 'trick play' streaming
- the streaming of your Transport Stream file is too bursty for the
Amino STB to handle.  (Note that this is not true for all Transport
Stream files - just some.)

For more on this issue, see
<http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2007-April/006509.html>