[Live-devel] Amino trickplay with live555

Nils Grundback ng at kth.se
Fri Apr 20 04:11:50 PDT 2007

Hi

On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 00:49 -0700, Ross Finlayson wrote:

> > I am using an Amino 110H STB to stream the live555 feed.  I'm using
> > live555MediaServer and basically the FF or REW causes the screen to
> > pause, and then it pixelates bad when you hit Play to resume the
> > movie at that point.  I know it must be something quirky with the
> > movie content.  I've seen on the groups where others have had this
> > issue but I've never really seen what the final answer was.
>

> From what I can tell (from testing with your demo movie), the problem
> is that - in the transition between normal and 'trick play' streaming
> - the streaming of your Transport Stream file is too bursty for the
> Amino STB to handle.  (Note that this is not true for all Transport
> Stream files - just some.)

I'm having the same problem with trick play. And it does not work with
VLC as the client either.

I'm using ffmpeg to create the ts-files and
testProgs/MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer to create the tsx-files. Are there
any other ways that is recommended? Does anyone have some information of
what flags I should give to ffmpeg to make this work better?

This is an example of how I create the ts-file:
ffmpeg  -i DVD-image.vob  -y -t 00:02:00  -f mpegts -b 2000k -mbd 1 -an
test.ts

the inputfile (DVD-image.vob) comes from a PAL-dvd using vobcopy.

Thanks

/nils