[Live-devel] Locale related problem in MediaSession.cpp

Ismail Dönmez ismail at pardus.org.tr
Sat Apr 21 12:50:01 PDT 2007

Hi all,

MediaSession.cpp (from live-2007.02.24) starting line 941 :

      for (char* p = codecName; *p != '\0'; ++p) {
		*p = toupper(*p);
      }

This results in problem with Turkish and similar locales where toupper('i') is
not I but I-with-a-dot above (İ) . I attached a simple patch to fix the
problem. Without this patch VLC can't play some audio streams because codec
name is passed as audio/MPEG4-GENERiC (notice lowercase i) instead of
audio/MPEG4-GENERIC .

Best Regards,
ismail

--
Life is a game, and if you aren't in it to win,
what the heck are you still doing here?

-- Linus Torvalds (talking about open source development)