[Live-devel] Cryptic error message when compiling with Bloodshed DevC++

Nathanael Berglund berglund at math.gatech.edu
Sat Apr 21 19:17:39 PDT 2007

I'm using the free development software Bloodshed DevC++ for doing my
programming, and I've been trying to get it to compile the source code for
LIVE555, but when I start trying to compile each directory
('BasicUsageEnvironment', 'groupsock', 'liveMedia', and
'UsageEnvironment') I get the rather cryptic error message:

in BasicUsageEnvironment.mak [Build Error]  No rule to make target
`BasicUsageEnvironment0.obj', needed by `libBasicUsageEnvironment.lib'.
Stop.

I'm not familiar with the syntax of makefiles, and this error is greek
to me! Does anyone know what exactly this error means? Or what I may be
doing wrong?

-- Nate