[Live-devel] Live555 MPEG2 Transport Stream packet loss

ilya77 at gmail.com ilya77 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 17:38:04 PDT 2007

Hi Ross,

>From my experience, dividing the problem into "your" software and "our"
network doesn't benefit anyone, either in commercial or open source
environment. I am willing to work with anyone who wants to help in order to
solve our problem, and maybe improve the software (through providing a
testing environment which produces the problem).I do not imply that the
source of the problem is software, however, from our observations it's hard
to conclude that the WAN is to blame (although it's the first impression).
I am trying to make the server to send packets which would go through the
WAN without problems. Please be assured - we have enough bandwidth to send
the data. And also - reducing max packet size DID have some impact on the
lost packets vs received packets ratio, not perfect, but it DID improve the
sittuation to some degree.

Thank you,
Ilya