[Live-devel] Live555 MPEG2 Transport Stream packet loss

ilya77 at gmail.com ilya77 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 08:03:35 PDT 2007

Hi Ross,

Thank you for the reply, however, I must disagree. We have 5 MBit downstream
/ 1 MBit upstream link, and the problem appeared even with a 600 KBps file.
We've monitored our internet gateway during the test, and there was no load
on the link other than the streaming media. I should also add, that I have
several year of experience with streaming media in general, and as far as I
can tell - it is NOT bandwidth. What I do suspect is the size of the packets
which come out of the server (which might be OK for LAN), which are just too
big for some router along the way, and are either dropped, or getting
fragmented.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ilya