[Live-devel] implement a socket to listen for incomming packets in liveMedia

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Apr 24 18:49:43 PDT 2007

>  I'm new to using the live555 library, still a little confused on
>how to use it
>I'm trying to feed live stream mpeg4 video into liveMedia server

The "live555MediaServer" product does not (yet) support live input streams.

However, you can use our source code to build your own RTSP server
that streams from a live input source.  If your input source is
MPEG-4 video, you can use - as a starting point - our
"testMPEG4VideoStreamer" demo application (for multicast streaming),
or "testOnDemandRTSPServer" (for unicast streaming).  See
	http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput
and
	http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput-unicast