[Live-devel] implement a socket to listen for incomming packets in liveMedia

David Lo davidlo.net at msa.hinet.net
Thu Apr 26 03:37:25 PDT 2007

Hi Ross,

After some testing, I was able to stream to testMPEG4VideoStreamer using
"stdin"

But I couldn't do the same with testOnDemandRTSPServer. After turning on the
DEBUG

For MPEG4VideoStreamFramer I get  a lot of "ignoring non VS header " errors
do I need to

Implement my own class to take the input from "stdin" and buffer it in the
memory then

Send it to the Framer? Could you provide some clue? Thanks again.

David

 I'm new to using the live555 library, still a little confused on how to use
it

I'm trying to feed live stream mpeg4 video into liveMedia server

The "live555MediaServer" product does not (yet) support live input streams.

However, you can use our source code to build your own RTSP server that
streams from a live input source.  If your input source is MPEG-4 video, you
can use - as a starting point - our "testMPEG4VideoStreamer" demo
application (for multicast streaming), or "testOnDemandRTSPServer" (for
unicast streaming).  See

        http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput

and

        http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput-unicast