[Live-devel] ES streaming payload differentiation

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Apr 26 00:18:41 PDT 2007

>    MPEG2 PS is streamed as seperate Audio and Video elementary streams.
>    For receiving both streams on same port we need to differentiate between
>audio and video.
>    Tthis can be done using RTP header payload type.
>    But for dynamic payload type (from 96-127) any RFC is not specifying how
>to differentiate
>    audio/video payload or I may not know.
>    So anybody knows how to differentiate A / V  payload in case of dynamic
>payload types?

This mailing list is for the discussion of the "LIVE555 Streaming
Media" software.  General questions about RTP/RTCP - independent of
this software - should instead be sent to some other mailing list.

(However, for the answer to your question, read the SDP specification
- specifically, the section that describes the "rtpmap" attribtute.