[Live-devel] AAC streaming

Tran Minh Son sony at mht.bme.hu
Fri Apr 27 00:01:22 PDT 2007

Dear All,
I would like to know how I can use live555 to stream an AAC audio media
with RTP/RTCP. I took the example of TestMP3Streamer (turning off the
option RTSP) and replace the MP3FileSource , MPEG1or2AudioRTPSink object
with MPEG4GenericRTPSource and MPEG4GenericRTPSink object, but it does
not work. At the client side, I got the error message that the stream
misses the RTP header.
I try with the pair ADTSAudioFileSource and MPEG4GenericRTPSink having
the same result. I wonder whether I should try with MPEGLAMTAudioSource
and  MPEGLAMTAudioRTPSink? The latter doesnot have method to accept
directly the file name to be streamed. It can be used only as a filter
of other source?
Thank you in advance for your help
Sincerely
Son