[Live-devel] AAC streaming

Tran Minh Son sony at mht.bme.hu
Fri Apr 27 02:12:44 PDT 2007

Dear Ross Finlayson
Thank you very much for your explaination. Up to now I thought that RTSP
at most adds the control layer (DESC, SETUP,PLAY,PAUSE..) to the
underlying media layer  (RTP) to enable the interactivity between
server-client, and the RTP stream itself can be treated (decoded) by
client without  any additional  information.
Can you explain more in detail what parameters clients need to know in
order to decode the RTP stream which contains ADTS audio data. It means
that RTP protocol fully supports MP3 but not AAC? I means  using  single
RTP we can stream out for instance MP3, but for AAC we have to couple
RTP with some additional protocol like RTSP?. I am terribly sorry if my
questions are maybe so naive. This is the first time I have to look
deeper inside in the streaming protocol
Thank you again for your help and time
Best regards
Son