[Live-devel] Two Concerns

Li, Chen Chen.Li2 at boeing.com
Wed Aug 1 08:36:29 PDT 2007

The first question is using LabVIEW the server is able to do an OPTIONS,
DESCRIBE, and SETUP, but I get 405's for PLAY, PAUSE, TEARDOWN and seems
to start a new session when every command is entered.  I also could not
set my session id using the Session: parameter.
-I am able to set my session id in Live555 by using the Session:
<session_id> parameter, right?
-Why is the server is incrementing my session id even though I keep
specifying my session id?
-I have tried sending the same requests as VLC does (shown by looking at
VLC's console view) over TCP and still get 405's.  I am sending the
commands in TCP packets through LabVIEW.  Even a teardown returns a 405.

The second question is I want to  be able to play then switch to fast
forward or rewind, but I would prefer to not use a teardown, but
performance is key here.  I see by the standards that I can issue a
pause command which would flush the play queue, but must maintain is
play position.
-Would it be better or worse than teardown->setup->play to have a
pause->play->play where the middle play is a command to tell the server
to play a short clip.  I currently do not have a player capable of
sending RTSP commands while already playing so any help would be
appreciated.
-If there is a player that allows for sending written RTSP commands even
during playback, please let me know.
-Is there an even better alternative that would allow for switching
between various play modes?
-Will Live555 support true RTSP and not just trick play?

Thank you,

--Chen