[Live-devel] Time to RTCP sync

Chris Wein cwein at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 6 16:24:32 PDT 2007

I have a client and server running on an embedded system, one with an AVC encoder and one with an AVC decoder.  All is working well except for the time it takes for the streams to be synchronized using RTCP - once the connection is initiated it takes several seconds for the sync to occur.  Our server also interoperates with VLC and I have observed that their RTP client starts presentation much sooner than our embedded client (the time to get first sequence and picture parameter set is equal here).  Can anyone give me some insight as to what parameters can be adjusted to make this synchronization occur more quickly and explain the various tradeoffs.

Thanks,

Chris