[Live-devel] Is this possible with live-devel lib?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Aug 10 08:01:41 PDT 2007

It's not clear from your message exactly what you're trying to do.

>I would like to build a mp3 streaming server

Here you talk about wanting to build a server.

>  which in many ways
>behaves as vlc etc,
>(build playlist, pause, seek, etc)
>but instead of audio out, I would like to stream the output to a mp3
>hardware decoder that I have.

But here you describe functionality that sounds like that of a client.

Can you explain exactly what you want to do?

>My question is if it's possible to seek in a song while streaming it
>(like in vlc, seek to 2:50 into the song playing)?
>Is it possible to pause, resume aswell?

Yes, our RTSP server implementation supports seeking and pause/play
for MP3/RTP streams.  (Our RTSP client implementation also supports
these operations, of course.)