[Live-devel] Is this possible with live-devel lib?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Aug 10 12:06:15 PDT 2007

>Instead of having a "dumb" streaming server that for example
>continously stream songs from a playlist to the client, I want the
>streamserver to be remotely controlled via a webpage (for example)
>where I can seek, pause, play etc.

Because you want to control the stream from a HTTP server, then
perhaps you would be better off just streaming the MP3 via HTTP (like
most MP3 streaming these days).

If, however, you want to stream via RTP, then you should control the
stream using RTSP (the standard control protocol for RTP streams).