[Live-devel] LIVE releases / Products using testProg piping

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Aug 10 15:58:59 PDT 2007

>1.  I hope it is not unbecoming for me to inquire, but are you
>expecting to release any significant trick mode changes in the next
>2 weeks?

No, probably not.  (At least, not to the server code.  I might add
new options to "openRTSP" to support client 'trick mode' operations,
because several people have been asking for this.)

>2. I have noticed your solutions which suggest piping between
>different LIVE555 test applications.  Do you believe or know for
>certain that software products often use the LIVE555 in this way,
>rather than implementing an application linked against the LIVE?

If a data source is available as a file, or as a pipe, then it's
generally better (i.e., much simpler) to use it as such (using
"ByteStreamFileSource"), rather than writing your own new
"FramedSource" subclass that encapsulates the data.