[Live-devel] Why the testMPGE4VideoStreamer does not w ork?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Aug 13 12:56:21 PDT 2007

>I want the testMPGE4VideoStreamer to transport the real time encoded
>stream, so I modified the program, just simply replace the
>appropriate "test.*" file name with the file name of my input
>device. But when  run the program to open the device, the program
>close the device immediately.

When streaming MPEG-4 video, the code has to do an initial
open,read,close on the input file - to get stream-specific
configuration information - before it does the subsequent open,read*
to actually stream the file.  Therefore, your input device needs to
be able to handle the close operation, followed by an open.