[Live-devel] Is this possible with live-devel lib?

John Gunnarsson mailing.list.recipient at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 13:58:48 PDT 2007

Okay,
My streaming receiver hardware cannot handle the rtsp protocoll (only rtp),
but i would like to use the functions like seek,pause,resume etc on
the serverside.
To utilize functions like seek etc, is that what's kalled "trick play"?
Is that possible with http streaming?

Sorry to bother you with stupid questions, but I would really
appreciate any help I can get.

To set things straight, this is my setup:

[Hardware streaming client] <---- TCP/IP -----> [Streaming Server]
<--- TCP/IP----> [Remote control]

So via the remote-controll I would like to seek, pause, play etc, and
therefor the RTSP protocol is not an option (since it's not the
streaming client that would request operations such as seek)

//John