[Live-devel] Difference between H264VideoRTPSink an H264VideoFileSink?

Benjamin Meier mail at beim-beme.de
Mon Aug 20 04:28:17 PDT 2007

Hi,
we are implementing a Transcoder, who:
1. receives  a couple of several demuxed H264/SVC Streams via RTSP from
another machine
2. muxes the several streams into one big stream
3. should send this big stream into a RTPSink to stream it to the
clients via Multicast
But here we are in trouble. When using a H264VideoFileSink, everythings
working like a charm, the created file is like the one the whole
streaming started with. So I'm supposing everything about our code is
ok. Using the intented H264VideoRTPSink to stream the muxed stream to a
multicast-address leads us to the error "attempting to read more than
once *at the same time".*

Can you imagine why the FileSink is working contrary to the RTPSink?
What might be the basic difference between RTPSink and FileSink?

Thanks!
Benjamin