[Live-devel] Difference between H264VideoRTPSink an H264VideoFileSink?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Aug 20 12:26:12 PDT 2007

>But here we are in trouble. When using a H264VideoFileSink, everythings
>working like a charm, the created file is like the one the whole
>streaming started with. So I'm supposing everything about our code is
>ok. Using the intented H264VideoRTPSink to stream the muxed stream to a
>multicast-address leads us to the error "attempting to read more than
>once *at the same time".*
>
>Can you imagine why the FileSink is working contrary to the RTPSink?

I don't know, but I think this is a 'red herring'.  Your real problem
is the error message about attempting to read the same object more
than once at the same time.   You need to fix the bug in your code
that's causing this to happen.

To prevent this error, hou should make sure that:
1/ After you call "getNextFrame()" on the upstream object, you don't
call it again, until after you' ve handled the 'after getting'
function (that you passed as a parameter to the first call to
"getNextFrame()"), and
2/ You call "FramedSource::afterGetting()" exactly once (and no
more!) for each call to your "doGetNextFrame()" function (by your
downstream object).