[Live-devel] Open Questions Regarding Directory Setup

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Aug 20 16:03:49 PDT 2007

>I only ask because I see this example and it makes me think an entire
>directory is being setup.
>
>      C->V: SETUP rtsp://video.example.com/twister/video RTSP/1.0

No, in this example there is just a single audio+video stream, named
"twister".  However, this stream has separate audio and video
substreams (each one being a RTP stream) that are "SETUP" and
"PLAY"ed separately.  The server - in this case - identifies these
substreams using the strings "video" and "audio.en", but these don't
correspond to file names within a directory.  (In our RTSP server
implementation, we use the strings "track1", "track2", etc.)