[Live-devel] directshow mediatype for SDP

aviad rozenhek aviadr1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 08:19:07 PDT 2007

Hi everyone.

I am receing Mpeg video and mpeg audio on two RTP ports, from the
live555MediaServer.exe
the SDP doesn't specify any parameters other than width, height of the
video.
what I would really like is to create two media types (one for video, one
for audio)
that capture this (rather limited) information, and putting in guesses where
the information is missing.

what should be the subtype? can you post pseudo code that shows which media
type fields I should fill up, and what are good guesses for missing
information?

this is the SDP I have for the media:

v=0
o=- 4042797588 1 IN IP4 192.168.64.24
s=MPEG-1 or 2 Program Stream, streamed by the LIVE555 Media Server
i=jackson.mpg
t=0 0
a=tool:LIVE555 Streaming Media v2007.07.01
a=type:broadcast
a=control:*
a=range:npt=0-827.682
a=x-qt-text-nam:MPEG-1 or 2 Program Stream, streamed by the LIVE555 Media
Server
a=x-qt-text-inf:jackson.mpg
m=video 0 RTP/AVP 32
c=IN IP4 0.0.0.0