[Live-devel] audio capture from webcam

Noor-E-Saba Hakim saba at jogajog.com
Sun Dec 2 20:45:00 PST 2007

Dear all,

I need a cross-platform application to grab audio and vido data from
webcams to analyze the data. I started with omnimeeting which uses live555
libraries. I compiled it, and it works fine for video (streaming,
receiving, playing etc.), but if I enable audio grab then it crashes. I
did not get any reply after writing to omnimeeting's mailing list. Could
anyone help me here please. I'm working on Windows XP now. Is there any
other application or test program or template which grabs audio from
webcams using live555's libraries?

I'd appreciate your help.

Saba