[Live-devel] Regarding- using '-4' option in openRTSP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Dec 4 13:55:55 PST 2007

>Hi, Thanks for your quick reply..it was very helpful..
>I looked in the file being produced by the QuickTimeFileSink.cpp. It
>does not write some mandatory container boxes(like ftyp, moov etc)
>that are needed to make it a playable mp4 file.

Yes it does!  Look at the code again.

Are you sure that you are ending "openRTSP" properly?  You can't just
'kill' the application (e.g., by typing <control>-C).  You *must* let
"openRTSP" terminate normally (perhaps using the "-d <duration>"
option), or (if you're on Unix) signalling it with SIGUSR1 or SIGHUP.
If you do this, then the 'ftyp' and 'moov' atoms will be added to the
file properly at the end.