[Live-devel] Video & Audio Properties at RTP Receivers

Ralf Globisch RGlobisch at csir.co.za
Fri Dec 7 00:35:04 PST 2007

Hi, I've got the same problem with DShow, maybe we can exchange ideas to see what the best solution is:

Since the pipeline has to be set up before streaming I was thinking of doing the following:
1) sending a DESCRIBE request to the rtsp server (in the windows media player plug-in initialisation code)
2) Adding an extra parameter to the SDP file similar to the "RTP Payload Format for JPEG 2000 Video Streams":

m=video 49170/2 RTP/AVP 98
a=rtpmap:98 jpeg2000/90000
a=fmtp:98 rate=90000;sampling=YCbCr-4:2:0;width=128;height=128
a=fmtp:98 sampling=YCbCr-4:2:0;width=128;height=128

3) Parsing this sdp to get the width and height, etc out.

I'm still very new to RTP, etc and I'm not sure how to judge it, is this a "bad" hack?