[Live-devel] Commercial version of live555 Media Server ?

Glen Gray slaine at slaine.org
Fri Dec 7 04:11:07 PST 2007

Hey Ross,

Thanks for the response.

While agree that "Live555 Media Server" as currently released is an
excellent product, it's lacking some of the surrounding fluff that most
non-techie customers would expect to available but which have no bearing
on whether it's a capable streaming server or not. So I should have said
"commercial" as opposed to "production". I'm talking about mostly server
management related stuff like a webUI for movie management or status
information. No rocket science there. It would be this kind of stuff
that would take up my or one of my teams time. In the long run I think
it's a worthwhile investment for us to have that kind of surrounding
infrastructure.

However, it's also prudent to see if there's already a commercial
product offering based on Live555 that does all this, so as per your
suggestion, I'll put this out to the list and see if any of you guys
have any suggestions.

Regards,

--
Glen Gray (slaine at slaine.org)