[Live-devel] How to parameter the SETUP request using the RTSPClient object

Julien Bruneau bruneaujulien at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 06:32:12 PST 2007

Hello,

I am developing a RTSP client that has to send RTSP requests to a RTSP
server. To do that, I use the RTSPClient object.

I would like to know if it is possible to parameter the SETUP request so
that the media will be sent to another address that the address of the
client. In the RTSP RFC, it is said that the string "destination=..." can be
added to the Transport field of the SETUP request to specify where you want
the media to be sent. Is it possible in the LiveMedia library? If it is, how
can I specify this address? The client port can be specified, is it possible
to specify the client address?

Here is the code where my SETUP request is sent :

    RTSPClient client;

    MediaSession* session = MediaSession::createNew(*usage_environment,
sdp_message);
    MediaSubsessionIterator iter(*session);
    MediaSubsession *subsession;
    while ((subsession = iter.next()) != NULL) {
        subsession->setClientPortNum(port);

        if (strcmp(transportType,"unicast") == 0)
            client->setupMediaSubsession(*subsession, False, False);

        if (strcmp(transportType,"multicast") == 0)
            client->setupMediaSubsession(*subsession, False, False, True);
        port += 2;
    }

Best regards,

Julien