[Live-devel] How to parameter the SETUP request using the RTSPClient object

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Dec 9 07:45:19 PST 2007

>I am developing a RTSP client that has to send RTSP requests to a
>RTSP server. To do that, I use the RTSPClient object.
>
>I would like to know if it is possible to parameter the SETUP
>request so that the media will be sent to another address that the
>address of the client. In the RTSP RFC, it is said that the string
>"destination=..." can be added to the Transport field of the SETUP
>request to specify where you want the media to be sent. Is it
>possible in the LiveMedia library?

No, not without modifying the existing code.

Note, though, that most RTSP servers, by default, will *not* handle a
"destination=" parameter in the RTSP "SETUP" "Transport:" header,
because this would make it possible for a client to use this to set
up a denial-of-service attack against a third party.  Therefore, you
should not depend upon being to ask a server to send a stream to a
different address.