[Live-devel] Problem with VLC and wis-streamer

Bill Dolson bd at landform.com
Mon Dec 10 11:53:14 PST 2007

Hi,

Weird one.  Running wis-streamer from composite video

wis-streaner -r 64000 -na

Using VLC 0.8.6d Windows running on the same LAN as the server will play
the stream all day.

Using the same VLC version Windows or Linux (el5) from anywhere on the
Internet playback freezes after approx 45 seconds (very repeatable,
always 45-50 seconds).  The server is on a consumer DSL circuit (we are
experimenting with low-bitrates).  Client location connections vary from
consumer DSL to high-bandwidth fiber.

Running FFplay on Windows the stream plays continuously.

I know it sounds like a VLC problem but since VLC uses Live555...

It this related to:
http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42623&p=133393&hilit=Live555#p133393

I can point you to the stream off channel.

Thanks,
Bill Dolson