[Live-devel] Input Buffer Consumed

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Dec 10 15:16:59 PST 2007

>I'm new to LiveMedia library and I am experimented with it under
>Windows OS. I have found in the file ByteStreamFileSource.cpp the
>code that synchronously read the source buffer from a file. I need
>to know however when the library will have finished of using the
>buffer.

Note that the buffer that "ByteStreamFileSource" (or any
"FramedSource" class, for that matter), is provided by the upstream
object, and it - not "ByteStreamFileSource" - is the object that
knows when the buffer data is no longer needed.

Therefore, the answer to your question depends upon the upstream
object that provided the buffer.