[Live-devel] Packet loss

aditya vikram aaditya_vik at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 13 02:43:21 PST 2007

Hi Ross,
               I am a novice programmer.I am doing video streaming over WAN(using TCP).I am testing mpeg4 video with 25fps and 100kb bitrate.I was getting very jerky stream on client side.When I tested I found error 10035 on server.So I increment the os buffer size from 50kb to 128 kb.Now I am getting better video but still packets are getting loss(near about 5-10%).As well I want to know the role of presentation time which is calculating after recieving the packet on the client side .I am testing server with vlc player as a client, I have also seen If all the packets are tranporting successfully from server then why vlc player is dropping some frames.

  Aditya