[Live-devel] Questions on streaming live H263 videos

Cristiano Belloni belloni at imavis.com
Mon Dec 17 07:31:32 PST 2007

>I presume you're using a "H263plusVideoFileServerMediaSubsession"
>object for your video.

I do.

>Be sure to set the "reuseFirstSource"
>parameter to "True", because you are streaming from a single (live)
>source, rather than from a file that's stored on disk.

I did.

>You're going to have to figure out yourself why the server is not
>streaming.  (Remember, You Have Complete Source Code (for the
>server), and also a working client.)  I'm not surprised, however,
>that RealPlayer doesn't wor; it's notoriously non-standards compliant.

Yeah, but the RTSP negotiation goes well, and after that it would be RTSPServer's turn to start sending RTP packets, which it doesn't. Could it be a server-related problem?
What I can see is Realplayer terminating its RTSP dialogue and waiting for packets that should come (but never come). Isn't it what the client is supposed to do?

>That's my guess.  Can you increase the buffer size of your pipe?

I can and I will try.

>I suggest defining a subclass of
>"H263plusVideoFileServerMediaSubsession", and redefining the
>"createNewStreamSource()" virtual function to start your encoder(sic)
>thread, and then call the parent class
>("H263plusVideoFileServerMediaSubsession")'s
>"createNewStreamSource()".

Great. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Cristiano