[Live-devel] Questions on streaming live H263 videos

Cristiano Belloni belloni at imavis.com
Mon Dec 17 07:39:55 PST 2007

>You're going to have to figure out yourself why the server is not
>streaming.  (Remember, You Have Complete Source Code (for the
>server), and also a working client.)  I'm not surprised, however,
>that RealPlayer doesn't wor; it's notoriously non-standards compliant.

Also, the odd thing is that server + RealPlayer works perfectly with pre-recorded raw H263 files, but doesn't send RTP packets only when working with live streams on FIFO. The only difference I can see is that files are seekable, while FIFO aren't. Could it be the source of the problem?

Regards,

Cristiano.