[Live-devel] Questions on streaming live H263 videos

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Dec 17 14:38:43 PST 2007

>  >You're going to have to figure out yourself why the server is not
>>streaming.  (Remember, You Have Complete Source Code (for the
>>server), and also a working client.)  I'm not surprised, however,
>>that RealPlayer doesn't wor; it's notoriously non-standards compliant.
>
>Also, the odd thing is that server + RealPlayer works perfectly with
>pre-recorded raw H263 files, but doesn't send RTP packets only when
>working with live streams on FIFO. The only difference I can see is
>that files are seekable, while FIFO aren't. Could it be the source
>of the problem?

I don't see how.  When you try streaming from a live source to
RealPlayer, are RTP packets not getting sent by the server at all, or
are they getting sent by the server, but ignored by the client
(RealPlayer).  If it's the former, then this is something you should
be able to figure out.  If it's the latter, then it's probably a
problem with RealPlayer (and you will need to ask about it on a
RealPlayer mailing list).