[Live-devel] How to Get MPlayer to Support RTSP Pause

h chen hchen54321 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 21 10:36:14 PST 2007

Hi,  I am very new in video streaming and RTSP protocol.   From RFC2326, it described the PAUSE command will pause the stream on the server side.  So there will be not packet streaming across the network after pausing.   I had set up live555MediaPlayer to play a RTSP url stream and mplayer as a client to play the stream.   On the mplayer,  I am running the '-V' option to show the RTSP status under slave mode.   When I pause,  I didn't see the RTSP 'Pause' command and still see the packets coming over from the server to the client machine (in ethereal).    How do I set up mplayer to support the 'pause' and other RTSP commands?   I did see the RTSP 'setup', 'play', and 'teardown' statuses.    Thanks,