[Live-devel] Urgent help needed!

Morgan Tørvolt morgan.torvolt at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 22:07:21 PST 2007

Hi

As your application does not need timing data to work properly (VLC
makes sure the data leaves the source at the right time), you could
just remove the MPEG2TransprtStreamFramer from the chain in your
RTSPserver. That will make the data retransmitted as soon as it
arrives.

You find this in MPEG2TransportFileServerMediaSubsession.cpp

  // Create a framer for the Transport Stream:
  return MPEG2TransportStreamFramer::createNew(envir(), fileSource);

instead, do this:

  // Create a framer for the Transport Stream:
  return fileSource;

If it is the proper way of doing it, I can't say, but it works. What
happes is that the fDurationInMicroseconds is not set, causing the
server to transmit as soon as it can.

-Morgan-